Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sonnet #2

Here is a sonnet I wrote after reading Lewis' ontological argument for the existence of God. Just to remove any shred of doubt, this is not condoning self inflicted death, but merely to explore the answer to death according to the Gospel.

Sonnet #2

When life has met the end of its short flight
What hope have we of life or death to take
Our bodies worn and nude embark to make
The journey borne and rude at death’s first sight.

The blind man’s end will make him push and run
The cliff from which he screamed at God to die
Nirvana brings no better cup to try
To fill and spill into oblivion!

There is a place I know exists. In sea
Of sand a man may dwell, and never taste
The touch of quenching drink, but know that he
Is from a place that’s free from baron waste

What joy of peace I have that when I roam
That I can die and then arrive at home.

-M.D.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment